As a citizen of Denmark, you may be eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) as long as you meet certain criteria. This means that instead of applying for a normal visa, you can apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) before your trip.
Esta For Danish Citizens – Requirements & Information
Various Benefits of Applying For an ESTA as a Danish Citizen:
- Convenience and ease of applying online for travel authorization
- Faster processing times
- No need to schedule a visa appointment at a U.S. embassy or consulate
- Lower cost compared to applying for a traditional visa
- Multiple Entries over the period of 2 years.
Additionally, having an approved ESTA allows you to make last-minute travel plans or unexpected trips to the United States without the hassle of applying for a visa in person.
It is important to remember that even with an approved ESTA, you may still be subject to inspection upon arrival to the U.S. However, having an ESTA greatly increases your chances of smooth entry into the country. So why not take advantage of this opportunity?
Applying for an ESTA if You Are a Danish Citizen:
- Check if you meet the eligibility requirements for the VWP
- Complete the online ESTA application, providing accurate and up-to-date information such as personal details, medical history, criminal records, passport details, and other details.
- Pay the associated fee
- Receive approval (or denial) of your ESTA application before traveling to the United States
- Be prepared for possible inspection upon arrival in the U.S.
- Remember to reapply for an ESTA for future trips to the United States within the two-year validity period.
- If your ESTA is denied, consider applying for a traditional nonimmigrant visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in Denmark.
- Always research visa requirements for your destination before traveling.
But what happens if your ESTA as Danish Citizen is denied?
First, check for any errors in the application. Make sure all information provided is accurate and up to date. If the denial was due to an administrative error, you might be able to correct it and reapply for an ESTA.
If the denial was not due to a mistake, there are some reasons why your ESTA may have been denied. These include having a prior criminal record or violating the terms of a previous U.S. visa or ESTA.
In these cases, it is recommended that you apply for a traditional nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate in Denmark.
Address of U.S. Embassy In Denmark:
Remember, whether you are a Danish citizen or not, it is always important to thoroughly research the visa requirements for your destination before traveling. Happy travels!
U.S. Embassy Copenhagen
Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24
2100 København Ø
Tel: +45 33 41 71 00
Email: [email protected]